Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken and Veggies in Parchment Paper

My in-laws bought some of those pre-seasoned chicken breasts at the grocery store the other day. I needed to use them before they went bad, so I tried to decide how to best cook them up. Bake them? Broil them? Pan cook them? Then I decided to cook them in parchment paper- sort of like a tin foil dinner.

I cut a square of parchment paper, put the chicken, cut potatoes and carrots in the center (sadly, I had no other good veggies to put in at the time). I added a little seasoning for the veggies since the chicken already had a little, and a spoonful of chicken broth (since we have some in the fridge from cooking a batch of chicken on Sunday). Then I just folded it up, cooked it for 35 minutes on 375 and we ate with a little bit of brown rice and BBQ sauce. It was pretty good! I look forward to trying it again but with my own chicken seasoning (it wasn't great pre-seasoned) and some different veggies like zucchini or something. Anyway, it was good and it was fun to rip open the packet and eat it inside the paper like a foil dinner. I got the folding directions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment