Monday, March 1, 2010

Peanut Butter Lovers Day

Happy Peanut Butter Lovers Day! I didn't know that such a day existed until today. Though I can't say I'm surprised, there are all kinds of silly made up holidays. Anyway, I decided to dedicate dinner and dessert to peanut butter. I made a homemade thai peanut chicken marinade/sauce over fried rice for dinner and peanut butter cookies for dessert. It was delicious!



I left the peanut butter cookie recipe upstairs, I'll post it tomorrow.


Peanut Chicken




I used two chicken breasts for Andrew and I to eat (plus a little left over for one lunch for tomorrow). I mixed together the sauce and marinated the cut up chicken bites in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then I just heated about a Tbl. of oil in our pan and cooked the chicken through. I took out the chicken and made the fried rice (rice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and onion salt, green onions, broccoli, scrambled egg, frozen carrots and peas) in the same pan. We have bought a bottle of peanut sauce for stir fry etc and Andrew said he liked this homemade version much better. I liked it because it tasted fresher and I could control the heat with the red pepper flakes.

4 Tbl. hot water
4 Tbl. peanut butter
2 Tbl. soy sauce
3 tsp. vegetable oil
3 tsp. white vinegar or rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
1/4 tsp red pepper or red pepper flakes
chicken


Mix up the water and peanut butter first- whisking it works really well. Then add the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment