Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Satay


Again, not my picture, but the general idea. I didn't have my camera around when I made this dinner.

I served this Chicken Satay with the Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash.

1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
2 Tbl. soy sauce
1 Tbl. molasses
2 tsp. lime juice
2 lb. chicken strips (I cut 3 chicken breasts into strips)
2 Tbl. vegetable oil (This is one time that veg oil is better than olive- the olive oil will try to smoke in the broiler)
Skewers. (soak these in water before broiling so they don't burn)

Combine garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl- mash with the back of a spoon into a 'paste'
Mix in soy, molasses and lime juice.
Add chicken strips and toss to coat.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Remove chicken. Thread of skewers. Place skewers on a broiler pan. Brush oil over the skewers.
Broil 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment