Thursday, February 4, 2010

Homemade Oreos



I read Nie. She talks about how much she loves eating homemade oreos and how they often keep her going. My sweet tooth was going nuts this afternoon. I hadn't eaten anything sweet yet for the day, I had exercised this morning and I had just put the babe down for a nap. What was I to do? Make homemade oreos. I had to try them. I had to have something chocolate. So, I quickly looked up a recipe for them.

The recipe I found was pretty general across the board. They were SO easy to make. But my confession: I haven't really eaten one assembled yet. I snitched at dough. I licked the frosting beaters. I had a cookie when it came out the oven before it was cool. And then I had a little bit of frosting on a cookie. I still haven't had a full on put together one. And then my sweet tooth was so finished that I had to have bread and butter to counter act. But, I think they will be delicious! Maybe because I think they're so sweet, I'll only be able to eat 1-2 at a time!

Homemade Oreos

1 package devils food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

1/2 stick butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/2- 2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Roll out into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Gently squish them down to flatten slightly. Bake 8-9 minutes.

In another bowl, mix butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Add sugar gradually until it is the consistency you like.

Put the frosting into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a hole in one corner. Squeeze frosting onto the back sides of half of the cookies. Put together and enjoy!



PS- So good that I have been forbidden to make them for a long time because Andrew had no self control while they were around... and me too for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment