Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash


I am sad to say that I don't have a picture of this recipe. It was de-licious. Even Andrew enjoyed it and he's not a big fan of squash.

The biggest pain was getting rid of the skin and cutting up the whole squash. But, it was well worth it.

1 Tbl. + 1 tsp. parsley
1 Tbl. + 1 tsp. olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 1/4 lbs. butternut squash peeled in 1 in. cubes
3 Tbl + 1 3/4 tsp. parmesan cheese

In a large bowl, combine the parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the squash and toss. Place in an ungreased baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes (or until tender but not mushy) stirring occasionally.

You can either add some of the cheese in with the 'squash toss' and some later or add it all on top at the end. I did half and half.

*Note: The original recipe I had said to bake for 50-55 minutes. It does NOT take that long. Mine may have only taken about 30 or so. Just keep stabbing it until it is to the doneness you like.

2 comments:

  1. Did you try just using a peeler on the squash? I used to always cut the skin off until a friend showed me the peeler method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try the peeler and it just didn't work for me! Maybe I'll try it again next time.

    ReplyDelete