Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quinoa Chili


I got this picture and recipe from Bloom. I didn't have time to grab my own camera because I was too busy eating. It was de-lish! We picked up some quinoa at the Whole Foods store this weekend. I love it in the Quinoa Butternut Squash dish that we make, but this was super good as well! I didn't have a green bell pepper in the house, so I used part of a zucchini and it was really good! I may do zucchini and pepper next time together. Man, do I love quinoa. Yum!

2 cans kidney beans, rinsed & drained (or whatever beans you like)
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoon salt
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed in warm water &
cup frozen corn
1 can tomato sauce, low salt (about 2 cups)
1 cup water
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté until tender. Add salt, garlic, pepper and spices; sauté for 5-10 minutes. Add rinsed quinoa and stir in. Add corn, tomato sauce, and water to onion/quinoa mixture. Simmer together 20 minutes. Add beans to the pot and simmer another 15 minutes. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, sliced avocados or whatever else you like to put on chili. Makes 6-8 (1 Cup) Servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment