Friday, April 2, 2010

silly Easter sock bunnies

The other day I was at a cupcakery with my sister-in-law, Jamie, and her two kids Carter and Lily. They saw these little sock bunnies at the store and were making them hop around. Lily wanted one. So, I decided to make a little bunny family for them. They're goofy but kind of fun to make.
You'll need:
scissors
rubber bands
socks- they recommend children's socks. I had one baby sock and two low top socks
beans- I used lima but they recommended lentils
ribbon
cotton balls, fabric to make the face and or googly eyes
hot glue gun


1) Fill the sock with beans just past the heel. Tightly close with a rubber band.


2) Make a head by securing a ribbon and/or rubber band to make a head.
3) Cut straight down the center of the top of the sock to make ears. Round the corners.


4) Cut out noses, teeth and eyes. Glue on to the face.

6) Glue a cotton ball onto the back to make a tail



These are silly but fun! I hope they like them! I'll be bringing them over to them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment